BX-5 Santiam HD
- BAK4 Abbe-Koenig prism
- Close Focus 9.8 ft
Purpose-built for picking out distant Coues deer and sheep on distant ridgelines, BX-5 Santiam HD 15x56mm binoculars can take on the biggest hunts. The huge, forgiving eyebox is made for long glassing sessions. Extra-low dispersion HD lenses and the Twilight Max Light Management System combine to give you a crisp image, vibrant color, and optimal contrast in harsh or poor light. With Abbe-Koenig prisms ramping up light transmission, they also redefine low-light performance, clarity, and resolution at extreme long range.
- 100% Waterproof and Fog Proof
- Abbe-Koenig Prism
- Armor coated, rugged, and waterproof
- BAK 4 Prisms
- Central Focus Dial: Large, tactile focus dial is easy to find and use (even with gloved hands), giving you the precision focus you need to pick antlers out of the trees or hide out of the brush.
- Diopter Focus
- Ergonomic Design
- Fully Multi coated Lens System
- High Definition: Look for extremely vivid color, life-like clarity, and higher overall performance thanks to the calcium-fluoride lenses. Another added advantage of these non-lead based lenses is that they’re lighter in weight.
- Lead Free: Leupold optics offer better optical clarity as a result of lead-free glass lenses. In addition to its superior optics, the lenses are produced with none of the environmentally damaging by-products common to standard glass production. A small step, but one in the right direction.
- Phase Coated
- Proprietary Nitrogen Fill Process
- Tripod Ready
- Twist-up Eyecups and Long Eye Relief: Generous eye relief and twist-up eyecups making them easy to use with or without eyeglasses. Eliminates glare and problems with the sun on bright, cloudless days.
- Xtended Twilight Lens System: Now your hunt can reach further into the twilight than ever before possible, with the exclusive Xtended Twilight Lens System. It goes a step further than even the Index Matched Lens System, using Leupold’s index matched glass with wavelength specific lens coatings designed to optimize the transmission of low-light wavelengths. When most scope manufacturers quote percentage of light transmission, they usually mean at 550 nm, the green wavelength where the human eye is most sensitive. The challenge is that in twilight conditions, green light disappears and blue/violet light takes over. Your eye is already handicapped when it comes to seeing the blue/violet spectrum, and if your scope is cutting too much of it out, soon you won’t be seeing anything. The Xtended Twilight Lens System places extra emphasis on matching coatings to glass indices to achieve the best possible transmission of the blue/violet spectrum, without sacrificing the color balanced light transmission across the visual spectrum of the Index Matched Lens System. When Leupold combines that with superior computer-generated optical design, lead-free lenses of unsurpassed clarity and quality, and 100 years of manufacturing excellence, you have a scope that gives you the details of low-light scenes in greater definition and luminance than any other scope in the world.
- Binocular Tray Tripod Adapter
- Go Afield Shoulder Strap
- Go Afield Binocular Case
- Lens Covers
- Lens Cloth
- Color: Sitka Gear Sub-Alpine
- Interpupillary Distance: Low: 55.0 / High: 74.0
- Actual Magnification: 15.0 x
- Objective Clear Aperture: 56.0 mm
- Linear Field of View (ft/1000 yd): 231.0'
- Linear Field of View (m/1000 m): 70.0 m
- Angular Field of View (degrees): N/A
- Twilight Factor
- Weight: 45.0 oz.
- Weight: 1276.0 g
- Length: 8.2"
- Length: 209 mm
- Exit Pupil: 3.7 mm
- Eye Relief: N/A
- Close Focus Distance: 9.8'
- Close Focus Distance: 3.0 m